turning good ideas into
great places to live


Find a house plan that is closest to your home that you want to build. Once you have a plan in mind you are ready for Step 2
Determine what modifications you want to make to the plan. Print out the basic floor plan and mark up your changes on the plan. Try to be as clear and concise with your changes. Write out an itemize list of changes to explain what you have drawn on your plan/sketch. Do not purchase the plan yet, wait until you have corresponded with us.
Send us a copy of your modifications, include your marked up drawing/sketch & list of changes:
Click here to fill out online form and upload your files or email to
Click here to send file
We will review your submissions and contact you to ensure that we fully understand your sketches and modifications.
We will provide you with a written quote for your requested changes.

Proceed to order processing:

In order for the modification work to begin, Lynmar + Associates must have one set of the plan, in one of the following formats CAD, PDF or Reproducible Bond Set. Contact our office (LynMarPlans@gmail.com) and our staff will handle this for you. The purchased plan will provide the copyright release in order for Lynmar + Associates to modify the plans, make copies and for you to build the home.

Modification/Change and Design Process (FAQ)

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a mirror reverse of a plan?

Mirror reverse is a process that takes the original house plan drawing and makes a flip/backward copy. The text is also backwards which is where the term "mirror reverse" comes from. Hold up to a mirror and you can read it. The mirror reverse option is a very common practice in the building industry. When building a plan in mirror reverse, it is advisable to also have the original plan (original orientation) for the purpose of reading text, notes, dimensions and details.

What is a right reading reverse plan?

Right Reading Reverse is a process that flips/reverses the house plan and text into a very readable friendly format. With a right reading reversed plan the text will align to the right instead of the normal left margin orientation thereby comes the term "Right Reading".

Will my plans meet local codes?

Modifications and most pre-drawn house plans found on the web are not drawn to any particular state, county, or city codes. Most pre-drawn house plans were designed to meet or exceed national building standards at the time they were created. We cannot guarantee that the revisions/modifications meet your local building codes. You may be required to have a local architect, engineer or designer review the plans in order to have them comply with your state or county building codes. Most states, counties and municipalities have adopted the standard Uniform Building Code (UBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) as their baseline However many have amended those codes for more stringent and unique zoning requirements and building regulations for their area. Before building, contact your local building authorities to make sure you comply with local ordinances and codes, including obtaining any necessary permits or inspections as building progresses. In some cases, minor modifications to your home plans by your builder, designer or engineer may be required to meet local conditions and requirements. The purchaser should ensure that the home plans comply with all applicable building codes and are suitable for a particular site, including any subdivision restrictions, before actual construction begins. Because we have no control over the selection of your builder, or other professionals you engage, we cannot be responsible for the advice or assistance you receive from them or for the methods they use.

Will I need an Engineer?

You may need to have an engineer review your set of plans for load calculations if required: such as, snow and wind loads, structural loads, etc. If required, the Engineer normally must be registered and licensed in the area you plan to build.

What is a reproducible plan?

A reproducible plan can be in any of these formats as seen on the web sites which are commonly called CAD, PDF, and Reproducible Bond Master. These MASTERS provide a copyright release, the right to modify the plan, copy the plan and a one time use license to build. The terms are governed by the Federal Copyright Law.

What is a study set?

A study set is the original copy or an email PDF of the original set of plans prior to any modifications. The study set gives a full visual of all the details of the plan. The original plan set is sent directly to LynMar for the modification implementation. Upon receipt, LynMar copies the original plan and sends a study set to the client. This set of plan is the baseline for the modifications.

What is a preliminary sketch?

When a modification request drastically changes the square footage of the original plan, the designer sometimes will provide a preliminary sketch to establish the new footprint of the house. This is prior to the draft process.

What is the draft process?

We provide 3 opportunities to review and comment on the modification drawings per your original request. All your changes are intended to be included in the first draft Draft 1. Draft 2 and 3 are used to refine your modification request, correct a misinterpretation on the part of the designer or to catch an item that was overlooked.

Can I have additional copies made?

Yes you can. Your local blueprint company can make copies or we can provide copies after the final approval. There is an extra charge for this service and we are competitive.

Can you work with my local conditions?

Probably not. We do not work with local site conditions, grade, lot sizes and plot plans or local codes. However we have a collaborative network of engineers that may assist you.

Can minor changes be made on site by my builder?

Yes. Most non-structural changes can be made on site by your builder, ex. omitting or adding a window. Check with you builder and or building department.

Do I need my changes reflected in the cross sections?

You should check with your local municipalities and or building departments. Usually it is not required but it is advisable to check first.

How many sets of plans will I need to build my house?

Typically the following trades will each need a set: 1) Homeowner, 2) Builder, 3) Bank or Lender, 4) Building Department, 5) Property Owners Association, if applicable, 6) Electrical Contractor, 7) HVAC Contractor, 8) Plumbing Contractor

What about the framing plans?

Framing plans are not typically included in a set of pre-drawn plans purchased on the web. But when the original designer does provide, we do not adjust these sheets but instead add a note referencing the newly modified floor plan.

Will my plan include detail electrical, plumbing, and mechanical layouts?

The final modified plan will not include the detail electrical, plumbing, and mechanical layouts as these are normally provided by a local subcontractor in these trades. All three of these items are subject to the local codes of the area.
Home  |   House Plans  |   Plan Modifications  |   Custom Home Plans  |   Renovation  |   Send File  |   Contact Us
Copyright 2014 LynMar Plans. All rights reserved.
Lynmar & Associate Designers LLC
Phone: 913-856-7735
Fax: 1-866-873-3963